"Don't let fear control your life. I've known so many people let the fear of failure become a reason for them to life a life with restrictions and at the end, they regretted that they didn't do much more, and they truly haven't lived"



Thursday 7 April 2011

Play Hook the Duck

I'm proud to say that this is the first new experience I had after I started this blog. Okay, so its no skydiving or swimming with the sharks, but it is a start. A start for me.

I've always seen fairs and carnival on tv. Not sure whether I've been to one, I seriously can't recall but I've always enjoyed seeing people playing the games. So today, or precisely 7th April, I found myself in front a carny-esque game right in my local mall. It's called Hook the Duck. Okay, I'm not sure whether it is the real name or not.. but I'll stick to that name. I kinda like it. So, I, excited, immediately change my money for tokens and gave those tokens to the person in charge. He gave me a pole with a circular loop at the end and as me to play. I wasn't really paying attention to what he said, but my instict tells me to hook a duck. Then, right in front of me there's a list of what seem to me was the price for the gifts. Next to the jumbo prize written there the number 4 (or it could be 3) in a circle. I assume it meant I need to hook 4 (or 3) ducks out from the hundreds from a ciculing pond.  The guy said only do it once and I'm still not sure what he meant. So I scooped one duck up.

Then, the moment of truth. The duck was overturned, revealing a zero on its underbelly. I was shocked. No wonder the friend I had next to me was telling me to use my instinct. It meant that I had the wrong play mood on my head. I was so in the zone that it didn't occur to me was the obvious. I had to take a chance on aduck hopping under it will reveal a number higher than 0. And when my friend, KK told me to use my instinct to pick the duck, he meant pick the right duck. Well, it seem that I have bad instincts. And that's not the only that day.

Later at night, I got a text from a friend asking when is my coming exam? Thinking it was a few weeks later, I let it by, with a shrug. Tonight I went online and found out it was next Monday. Crap. Crapping shit. Crapping shit in toilet. I cannot believe. And to add salt to my wounds, it will be a speaking test. I just checked out from a hospital with sore throat and now, they're telling me that I have to speak with seriously bad coughing. What a nightmare?

So, I had to come up with a plan. I got three days to study the speaking test. Nail the time limit and improve my grammatical skills. Let's us all pray to GOD. Oh God!!!

Reminder to self, please do not PROCRASTINATE anymore!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment